Allentown is a great city to call home. Located just outside of the Philadelphia area, this residential community is home to many working-class and upper-middle-class folks just trying to build a life and enjoy what they can. Unfortunately, the economic struggles of late and effects of the ongoing opioid epidemic have not eluded this community.
However, neither have the presence of drug and alcohol treatment centers in Allentown and the surrounding region. So today, anyone can get the help they need for drug and alcohol addiction, no matter what battles they might be fighting.
As more rehab facilities pop up around the world, more people are inclined to seek help. But, of course, in doing so, it’s important to find the right treatment. We’re here to help with that, so let’s get started.
Your journey to recovery begins with the first step, and we’re here to help with the next ones.
Allentown, PA Drug and Alcohol Abuse Statistics
Drug and alcohol abuse are severe, and the numbers are getting higher than they ever have before. To help you better understand this epidemic, here are some statistics you can keep in mind:
- As many as 65% of all overdose deaths included opioids in 2018
- 31% of students report drinking within the past month
- 33% of students have used marijuana
- 60% of adults drink alcohol, with 28% reporting some type of binge drinking
- Pa ranks among the highest for drug and alcohol abuse
- Prescription painkillers, heroin, cocaine, and methamphetamines are the most common drugs used in the state
Allentown, PA Drug and Alcohol Treatment
The network of resources for drug and alcohol rehab in Allentown is growing daily. There are more inpatient and outpatient clinics and different types of meetings, programs, and groups that you can join. First, let’s discuss choosing the right one, and then we’ll look at your options.
When choosing the best facility or option for treatment, we’re here to help guide you every step of the way. Whether you know what you need or you’re just starting to look for help, we’ll ensure that you get the best drug and alcohol rehab treatment solution.
Choosing A Rehab Center near Allentown, PA
When it comes to choosing the right rehab, perhaps the best thing you can do is have an assessment done to determine a comprehensive treatment plan that includes the best solutions for your needs. Consider how severe the addiction is, what type of treatment might be best, and whether something like an Allentown drug rehab IOP (Intensive Outpatient Program) would be better than inpatient, for example.
Types of Rehab Centers Near Allentown, PA
There are several different options for drug and alcohol rehab in Allentown. Just like every addiction is different, so is every treatment plan. That’s why there are many solutions and services to choose from, including those listed below.
- Drug And Alcohol Detox Centers: These are facilities where people go to detox from drugs and alcohol, usually under medical supervision or some other type of watchful eye. They specialize in monitoring and supporting patients through the detox process to assist them into the next stages of recovery.
- Inpatient Rehab Programs: These programs are longer stays, usually of a week or two or more, where someone goes and stays at a facility. Often, there are 90-day and 120-day programs that people will attend for alcohol and drug rehab in Allentown, and these are inpatient as well.
- Outpatient Treatment Programs: Outpatient programs are probably the most popular. These programs allow you to carry on with your life while attending outpatient meetings, appointments, group and individual therapy sessions, and more. The plan will be tailored to your needs so that you can get the recovery you deserve without having to put your life on hold.
- TeleHealth Services: This is a newer service that’s becoming more readily available to the world, including those who struggle with alcohol and drug addiction. TeleHealth allows you to connect with doctors and others for appointments, meetings, therapy, and so much more, right from the comfort of home or anywhere thanks to phone and video calls.
- Sober Living and Transitional Facilities: For those who are ready to take the next step in their recovery, or for those who are just getting into recovery and need some transitional help, sober living houses and facilities are a great resource. These are places that you can stay and work on getting your life back together. They generally have strict rules, and many have waiting lists, but they are a good resource.
- Aftercare And Continuing Care: For those who have finished other treatment or rehab programs, aftercare is the next step. This is always made part of the treatment plan and includes things like therapy, post-care follow-up, and more. It can be customized to your needs to ensure that you get everything you seek.
Now that you know more about the options, it should be less intimidating to get the help that you need. There’s plenty of it and people waiting to assist you every step of the way when it comes to finding the best drug addiction recovery program in Allentown.
North Star Treatment Services near Allentown, PA
If you’re ready to take the next step and find the recovery program that works for you, we’re here to help. Our team of experts has years of experience working with all kinds of drug and alcohol addiction and rehab solutions and can give you or your loved one all of the support and resources you need during this difficult time.
Remember, drug and alcohol addiction are not a battle that you have to fight on your own. There are plenty of people and resources to support you, as you’ve seen, including everything from outpatient care to complete inpatient rehab and even aftercare and transitional living.
So even if you’re not sure what you need, that’s okay. We’ll listen to your story and help you find the best path to recovery. Call North Star Treatment Services today.